Saturday, August 8, 2009

A few updates!

Hello bloggy friends! I know I have been terrible at keeping up with this, but I have been extremely busy lately! I really shouldn't even be on here right now- I have a freaking wedding ceremony to write! But... I do have a few quick updates to share!


1) We booked our honeymoon!!! We are going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico! First, we will spend time with out of town family on Sunday, then drive to Charlotte Sunday afternoon and spend the night in the Westin. Then we'll be leaving bright (actually, probably dark!) and early Monday morning, flying first to NYC and then into Cancun, staying at an all-inclusive resort for four nights, and enjoying every minute! Keep your fingers crossed for nice weather and no hurricanes, because I plan to spend some quality time on the beach and at the swim-up pool bar.




2) I have had two great showers in the last two weeks- first a kitchen/recipe shower given by my FMIL's friends, then an "around the clock" shower given by Katie, my MOH. I got tons of great gifts (and recipes) and enjoyed seeing so many friends and family members!

Me and FMIL
Katie, Molly, Ashley, Me, Kristen and Kelly =)


3) Invitations were mailed out a week ago and I have gotten so many compliments on them! They really did turn out fabulously, if I do say so myself. I'll try to get a picture of one to post here so my "invisible" friends can see too! (That is what Will calls my friends out there in internet world....)

4) My Uncle John is going to be performing our ceremony and I am very excited about it! He did such a great job at my cousins wedding a few years ago, and since Will and I aren't very religious, we thought it would be very special to have John do it. Now I am revising and re-writing parts of my cousin's ceremony to make it perfect for us...and it is hard! By far the hardest part of the whole planning process!

5) We got Will's wedding band, but have to decide in the next week or so what we want to get engraved in them. I like "Love Never Ends" ... thoughts??


6) We booked our cake! We met with a local woman who is sort of a family friend and she does beautiful work and the price was right- $220! We're going with a 3 tier, square, white cake with ivory buttercream frosting, with chocolate brown swirls and blue hydrangeas on the top. We're still trying to decide on a topper, but I'm pretty sure it will be just a simple, scripty "S" for our new last name.
7) We did trial runs of the boquets/bouts/corsaiges and they came out great! We're using a combination of blue hydrangeas, white carnations, white freesias, white mini roses and some boxwood and thyme for some green accents.



8) We FINALLY took engagement pictures today! One of my dad's best friends came up to Greensboro with him and we spent all day taking tons of pictures in different locations and I cannot wait to see them all! Hopefully I will have a CD next week and be able to post a few!


In other news, TJ is doing well- his new house is awesome and we have gotten to go visit twice since he moved in (once in mid-June to help him move and then again for the fourth of July!)


Every time we are there I don't want to leave, but it will probably be a while before we get back down. The wedding is four weeks from today (ahh!) and then it is football season! Maybe we'll go down when there is an away game, because we have season tickets to UNC this year and I am so excited! Will is already making elaborate tail-gating plans, so it will definitely be a fun, busy, newly-wed Fall! I hope everyone is having an exciting summer! I promise I've been trying to keep up with everyone elses blogs, even if I've neglected my own!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So much going on and soooo exciting!!!! The big day will be here before you know it!!!! :)

Brittney said...

Found your blog! Good luck with all of your wedding planning! How exciting!