Thursday, April 23, 2009

No phone call...


...from the staffing agency. I'm hoping that just means that the director-lady was busy and didn't answer the staffing agency back, and not that the staffing agency didn't contact the director-lady. Haha... got all that?


Anyway... since I haven't heard back yet, I think I should probably not leave town tomorrow, just in case she calls and wants to meet tomorrow or Monday. Plus, like everyone has said, that's a long drive just for a couple days and I'd rather go when Will can go too. And I'll see Owen some other time, when I can have him all to myself =) So.... camping it is! I'm so excited for Sadie- she is going to love it! Hiking and being O-U-T (yes, we have to spell it because she knows that word and gets excited, lol), and sleeping in a tent with her Mommy and Daddy. And today has been so gorgeous, I'm hoping the weekend is the exact same way! I spent most of today running around doing errands and shopping with my Mom, who took today off to get ready for her trip to Florida tomorrow! She is going to Ft Lauderdale to see her best friend from high school. They both turn 50 this spring- friends for 38 years!


I have a prayer request for today too... I have a cousin (third cousin or once removed or something) up in NY who is in first grade, his name is John, and he has been in the hospital since last Friday. I'm not clear on all the details but it started out as a fever and nausea Thursday night and Friday morning he woke up with a large lump on his neck. So far it sounds like they haven't determined what it is, only what it's not. It's not strep, it's not meningitis, and it's not a few other things. A CAT scan was done and showed some sort of abcess (sp?) on his throat and tonsils. He was moved by ambulance to a bigger hospital last night. He's still running a high fever and can't keep food down because the antibiotics are strong and keeping him nauseous. Basically, he's a very sick, scared little boy. What makes it worse is that before John was born, his parents, Peggy and George, had another son, named Skipper. Skipper died when he was 11 months old from shaken baby syndrome. His Nanny shook him, not hard and only for a few seconds, but was sentenced 3-10 years in prison for reckless manslaughter. It took Peggy and George a long time to even be ready to think about having another child, and now their second little boy is in the hospital and very ill. Please send some good vibes their way, I know they need it. And please, PLEASE.... don't ever shake a baby!!! I know it sounds like common sense, but it happens more often than we realize. They are such fragile, precious angels and it doesn't take much to do serious damage to their little bodies.

George "Skipper" III

Dec 24, 1999 - Dec 3, 2000


Shout Outs:


Mother Nature: Great job today, keep up the good work! =)



Prayers:



John, Peggy, and George, and our extended family: I love you all and am thinking about you and wishing John a quick recovery. Stay strong, little man, I know you're going to be okay!! XO



Mom: Have a great trip to Florida, and be safe!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First off, I LOVE the mother nature shout-out! haha..I couldn't agree more..it's supposed to be sooo beautiful all weekend! :)

Secondly, that is such a sad story about the precious little boy who passed! Those parents have certainly been through a lot! I have already said a prayer for the one that is sick and will continue to lift him up in prayer! Keep me updated and let me know what they determine it is!

Love you..happy (almost) Friday! :)

wolfiemitrestone said...

Hey Bailey,

I miss you being on the knot too and talking about all the planning etc. It sounds like you have been super busy! The camping trip sounds like so much fun.

I hope that the interview pans out into something good. Staffing agencies are often really hectic and disorganized, like you described, but they normally come through!

Have fun this weekend :)

Grace