Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm a bad blogger...

I know, I know... I've been TERRIBLE at keeping up with this... it's amazing how much more "computer time" I had when I was working! Now I just feel extremely lazy if I spend an entire afternoon blogging/emailing/facebooking! Not to say I haven't done it....


Anyway.... I'll try to re-cap:


Tuesday March 31st was my last day at my job. My boss and one other co-worker, both good friends, took me out to Chili's for lunch and I had a giant margarita! After lunch, I packed up what was still in my office and left. I went over to my Mom's office to hang out with her for a few minutes while I tried to figure out what to do with the rest of my day. I guess she took pity on me, because she ended up leaving work early to take me shoe shopping! No luck, but it was still fun and took my mind off work. Although, Friendly Shopping Center is full of nothing but Mommy's and small children at 3 in the afternoon on a Tuesday! Several times I thought "If I'm not going to be working, I wanna be pregnant!!" Haha... not really, I know we will wait a while on that, but that's just how I was feeling that day. Although we didn't find any shoes, I did find jewelry for the bridesmaids! I won't post pictures because it is part of their gifts from me, but I wanted them to know not to worry about jewelry, cause I got it covered!

Wednesday and Thursday I pretty much did nothing- some shopping and errands and laundry. Then Friday we left for Florida! We drove through the night and made it to TJ's at about 3 am, local time. We spent the week taking TJ to PT and OT appointments, doctors appointments and just hanging out. It was so nice to relax and enjoy the couple sunny days that we got. We watched the National Championship game with all the roommates and some other Navy/Marine friends.... it was great to see the Heels take the title again, but was definitely NOT as exciting as 2005. Michigan never had a chance. If it had been a close, exciting game, Will and I planned to run down to the beach, since rushing Franklin wasn't an option, but since there was very little excitement, we high-fived, sang the alma mater, and then went to bed! Haha.


Go Heels!! =)


While we were down there we went on a couple double dates with TJ, which was entertaining. We saw "I Love You Man," but missed the last few minutes since some idiot decided to pull the fire alarm in the movie theater. In trying to get out of the theater, TJ had a little fall on his crutches, but he handled it well and managed to catch himself before he did too much damage. We went home and checked things out, but it was okay, so no trip to the ER or anything. Just a little scary! I'm SO glad that he is out and doing things and going on dates though- proves that he hasn't changed a bit! There's actually another girl in the picture too, a nurse from the rehab clinic, that I am very excited about, but more on that later...

Anyway, TJ is doing really, really well with his PT and I can already tell that his balance has improved dramatically. Here's a test for you, just to prove what I'm talking about... Try to put a t-shirt on while standing on one foot! Yea... harder than it sounds! As soon as I close my eyes, I'm done for. It's little every day things like that where I could really see how far he's come.


Will and TJ at the dog tracks!

In wedding news, I picked up my dress from Bridal Mart the day we left for Florida- with only minor drama! Basically, when I tried on the size 10 sample in the store, it fit really well, so even though I measured at more like an 8, the consultant had me order the 10. Well on Thursday I went to pick it up and when I tried it on it was HUGE! The straps did not fit at all, it didn't fit my waist, and was several inches too long (whereas the sample wouldn't have had to be hemmed with 2.5" heels). The consultants measured my dress against the sample and it turned out that the sample was just plain wrong. It measured at an 8-10 in the hips, a 6-8 in the waist, and a 4-6 in the bust, even though the tag said "10," which is why it fit me perfectly!! So, they agreed to have the sample cleaned and to fix any loose threads and beading. I went back first thing Friday morning to try it on one last time and make sure everything looked right. They did a good job and I got a small discount for taking the sample (only about $25, but still). So I have my dress! There are only a few things that I will need to have done to it- the bustle, hopefully taken in a little at the waist, and I might add buttons down the back (over the zipper), but that won't happen until later.

Will also got all the suits ordered! I was impressed- all the guys got their measurements done really quickly and they all really liked the suits...so much so that they decided to all get the vests too! Originally I thought just Will would wear the vest, but it really makes the whole suit, so now they all have them and Will's tie will be different instead, and probably a different bout. I thought finding ties would be our next big challenge for the guys, but I stopped by Stein Mart the other day and found some I liked for 14.99! I bought all 4 (three the same and one a little bit different) and showed them to Will that night. I think they're going to work, but he wants to try them on with the suit before we decide for sure. (I left my camera at my grandparents house, so I'll post pictures when I get it back!)



Groomsmen on the left, Will on the right! What d'ya think? =)

I was lazy again for most of the week last week...lots of sleeping in and watching HGTV. I did spend Thursday with Carissa though- we had lunch at Friendly and then when I dropped her off, she realized she'd locked herself out, so we were forced to spend the rest of the afternoon shopping! Haha, we had fun though- we looked at houses, we stopped by the park where we're having the rehearsal dinner and found out about some possible "volunteer opportunities", and then looked at furniture and dresses in Graham! Oh, and I found reception shoes in Graham- they are exactly what I was looking for- platform white flops with pretty beading on the top, by Nine West. Once Greg got home to let us in, I totally crashed their dinner plans (sorry, guys!) and we had chips/dip/margaritas for dinner! (Will was having dinner with clients).

Friday night we FINALLY went and started our registry! It was so much fun! We went to Macy's at 7:30 and didn't leave until close to 10! We only wanted every day china, not formal, so we went with Fiestaware! Not what I was originally thinking, but since we have very different tastes, this was a good compromise. We're going to have a very bright kitchen someday! Cobalt blue, Peacock blue, and Ivory with accents of Scarlett red! I'm thinking weathered oak cabinets and a mexican tile backsplash.... =)


Saturday we spent a few hours outside in the gorgeous WARM sunny weather and then registered at Target before going to Box and Jill's engagement party! It was a great day! And Sunday we did absolutely nothing...didn't leave the house and didn't even change out of PJs until about 6:00PM. =) I love days like that every now and then....

WHEW! Okay, well bless you're heart if you are still reading this! I promise I will add pictures soon to break it up, and I will try to be a lot better about posting!

Shout Outs:

  • Carissa- thanks for a great afternoon!

  • Shannon- congrats on everything!!!!!!

  • TJ- for being so strong and never losing your great sense of humor!



Prayers:

  • Karen- I love you and I'm so sorry for all that you are going through right now

  • Cathy's family and friends- I'm thinking about all of you and praying for strength; Cathy was such a wonderful friend and mother and she had a very full life, but I know that doesn't make this any easier.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

woohooo for the blog update! :) Loved reading it! I wanna see pics of the ties and bridesmaid jewelry. You'll have to email it to me when you get a chance ;)

Lauren said...

So glad to see an update. WOW, lots going on with you, all fun stuff though :) I'm from Florida, what part did you visit???

Anonymous said...

you know I locked myself out on purpose :)

You can crash our dinner plans anytime...like we ever have plans. Also we definitely have steak in our fridge that belongs to senor stecker.

Thanks for the shout out!!!

Bailey said...

Shannon- I will email pics soon, I promise!

Lauren- We were down in Pensacola, where my Fiance's brother is living. What part are you from?

Carissa- We realized that as soon as we got home and I meant to text you and tell you to please eat it! I hope you did =)