Sunday, March 29, 2009

Suit Shopping!

So I was finally able to drag Will out shopping with me yesterday, and it was almost too easy....we pulled up to Mens Wearhouse and saw a great suit in the window right away. We both thought that that must mean that there are tons more, so we let a salesperson show us around. The one in the window was linen so he immediately by-passed that since September 5th was "too cold for that" (seriously.... that's 5 days away from AUGUST in NC!) and he showed us a few others. He really didn't seem to get what we were looking for though, so eventually he led us back to the original linen one and it was perfect!!! It's a medium tan color Calvin Klein three piece suit and it looks amazing on! The inside of the jacket and the back of the vest are made of a cotton material that is a darker brown with baby blue stripes- how perfect!!! The best part.... BOGO! Haha....I thought BOGOs only happened at the grocery store and at payless....not on a $500 Calvin Klein suit!!! We called all the boys to make sure they were all okay with linen (I told Will the decision was ultimately up to him, but since we are asking the guys to buy them and not just rent them, we thought it would be best to make sure they approved). So, as of now I think Will is going to get the vest but the other guys will just wear the pants and jacket. Unless TJ wants a vest, since he is the Best Man. I guess we'll let him decide....if Will buys a vest, we'll get one free, so someone should take it, even if they don't wear it for the wedding!! So... for the guys pants and jackets it's only going to be about $210. We'll buy their ties for them as part of their gifts and they'll just need plain white button down shirts. I know renting can cost up to around $175 or so, so I don't think asking them to pay $210 to OWN a Calvin Klein suit is too bad...




I'm so excited to have this done!! Everything really seems like it's coming together now =)


Haha....ignore the goofy smile on that last one ;)

Now to just find ties similar to these but that DON'T cost $40 each..... And also I need to figure out what the Dads should wear.....

On a different note.... my dress is here!!!! I get to go with my Mom and pick it up this week- that sounds like the perfect thing to do on my last day of work!!!

Shout Outs:
  • Will- for finally going shopping with me- see? I told you it would be fun! I know you're more excited about the wedding now!
  • Sadie- for being the cutest puppy in the world and keeping me company for the next couple days while Will is at his "outing" for work.... aka 3 days of eating, drinking, playing golf, and staying in a nice hotel. Lucky duck.

Prayers:
  • Chris- (My future-mother-in-law) that she has a safe trip down to FL tomorrow
  • TJ- that everything goes smoothly getting out of the hospital this week
  • Shannon's Papaw- that he hangs on and pulls through these health issues
  • Kelly- for a safe trip to LA and back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the suits!! Those are gonna look great for the big day! Def. check out ebay or some other internet shops for the ties. I loveeee the ones we got and paid only $11/each with shipping :)

Lauren said...

Nothing like a handsome man in a suit!!! I'll be praying :o)