Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Perfect Shoe

So I have been on the hunt for a great pair of Carolina Blue shoes, or ones that I can have dyed. Not as easy as it may sound.... some of the dyeable styles are cute, but I haven't found anything I *love* yet, and I've never had a pair of shoes dyed, so I'm not sure how it works....like are they totally ruined if you walk through damp grass? Comments on this topic are welcome!

Anyway...yesterday a fellow knottie posted a picture of her wedding shoes and I fell in love....hers are hot pink, but they also had one in "china blue" that looked perfect! Although the picture doesn't look quite as fun and fabulous as some others I've looked at, I think this one would be perfect with my dress since is has pleating that matches the "roushing" (or however you spell that word) on my dress, and the strap that sort of swirls across the front, which is similar to my dress. I also thought I would have more of a chance to wear these beauties again (I'm thinking future Rams Club/Alumni events possibly? Although I have no idea with what dress....) than some other dyeable ones.

So- I called my mom right away and she was going to order them for me right then and there....but they only have a size 8 left. There is just no way my size 9 fat foot is going to fit in it =( . So now I am on the hunt to find it at a department store, either in the china blue, or in the plain white and have it dyed, since I really really just love the shoe that much.

Wish me luck!!



Almost forgot....

Shout Outs:

  • My Mom- for keeping me excited about wedding planning, through all the stress right now!
  • My MOH Katie- for being a great friend...and YAY the dress fits!!! =)

Prayers:

  • Shannon's Papaw- for a speedy recovery and all that he has left to look forward to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes! They are adorable. Nina brand shoes are sold at all major department stores, so maybe the local dillards could order them for you?

I also love the shout outs section...just reminds us all of the good things in our lives :)

We need to get together soon. Hope you both had a great weekend!

Bailey said...

Thanks! I'm actually thinking about heading out now to go check out Alamance Crossin Dept stores, and maybe Ross and Target too... hmm.. let me send you a text :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the sweet prayers :) I'm gonna be on the lookout for the shoes as well for you. haha. What size?