Friday, May 1, 2009

I need some help!

Okay, on my shopping trip today I went in Ross and found these great bottles for really cheap. I had just recently decided to do a sand ceremony, using something like these, after seeing some of my photographers amazing pictures! But I need help deciding which combination of bottles to use....

Option 1- clear glass

Option 2- slightly green glass

Option 3- slightly green

Option 4- slightly green


With options 2 and 3, I really like the middle bottles, but both are smaller than the two outside bottles. Does anyone know if you're supposed to pour the WHOLE bottle of the two "family" bottles into the one "us" bottle, or just some? I've never actually witnessed a sand ceremony- only the unity candles, but since we'll be outside, that won't really work too well.

With option 4, the middle "us" bottle has a sun-face thing on it, which doesn't fit with our wedding theme at all, but in the long run, I'm thinking it might go well in our "fiestaware/Mexican" kitchen, but I'm not sure if I want to limit it to only being used for decoration in the kitchen. I kind of think the clear bottles might be best (option 1), but the green glass seemed cool to me too and each of the green bottles is more unique than the clear ones, which are just square with no decor at all. So I don't know what to do! I'm going to ask Will's opinion tonight, but knowing him, he won't have one, so I need your help!! Please leave comments with your vote/opinions!! Thanks ladies!!

7 comments:

wolfiemitrestone said...

I personally love the second set, but I can see the issue with the middle one being smaller. I don't think you have to fill the outer ones all the way though - just the middle one..

This was the online description of the sand ceremony:
Growing in popularity is the Unity Sand Ceremony. Not only does this create a decorative result, it is also much more practical in an outdoor setting where candles can be affected by the natural elements. With the Unity Sand Ceremony, select three decorative glass vases and place one color of sand into one vase and a second color into another vase. This is designed to represent the Bride and Groom. At the appropriate point in the service the Groom pours a portion of his sand into the third vase. The Bride then pours a portion of her sand in on top of the Groom’s in the third vase. To conclude the Bride and the Groom jointly pour the remaining sand in each of their respective vases into the central vase. The commingling of the colored sand is an impressive demonstration of two into one.

Bailey said...

awesome! Thanks, Grace. So I guess the size of them really isn't an issue then.... anyone else have a favorite set??

Carissa June said...

I like option one a lot because of it's simplicity. My next favorite is option three I think. What color sand are you going to use?!

Carissa

Lauren said...

I like option #3 :)

Bailey said...

I'm thinking maybe "natural" sand and a Carolina blue sand....

wolfiemitrestone said...

Did you decide??

Bailey said...

Nope, not yet...thinking of making another trip to Ross, and maybe TJ Maxx later today or tomorrow to see what else I can find....