Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ouch...

$3 well drinks (aka a few too many rum and diet's) + beer pong at a friends apartment = not a nice Sunday morning. On my way to Bojangles very soon.... (I'm convinced that is the only cure!). At least I'm getting back "in shape" for the bachelorette parties that are coming up!
Yesterday was Kelly's bridal shower luncheon (Kelly, my bridesmaid who is getting married in June Kelly) and it was great. I got to meet a couple of the other girls in the wedding party that I hadn't met yet, and catch up with some old friends. I'm SO happy for Kelly and even more excited that we are getting to experience this whole adventure together! We have been good friends since 5th grade... who would have that we'd be planning our weddings together?!


Kelly and her new monogram on a red velvet cupcake! Yum.


Reading the card I gave her. PS I love my wrapping job! =) Won't Kelly make a gorgeous bride??

Also.... my best friend and MOH, Katie, is on the verge of engagement status and I am so totally stoked for her! I cannot wait! Her boyfriend is a fantastic guy and they seem to make each other so happy and just be so right for each other. So, if all goes according to plan (or at least what we suspect the plan might be) she will be next!!!!


This is such an exciting time in my life, and I'm so lucky to have friends and loved ones to share it with! Especially since I was in tears yesterday and ready to call the whole thing off, but that's another story. (Think wine at the shower mixed with crazy hormonal mood swings plus a stressful wedding planning conversation with my Dad. Nothing is simple with him and I just wasn't in the mood to deal). But that's over now- wedding planning is most definitely still on and I know we'll make it and it will be beautiful and everything will work out and it will be the best day of my life! (A little pep talk for myself there....)

Okay...seriously... Bojangles now. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Shout Outs to Matt and Ashley for hanging out with us last night, Kelly for being a great friend and a beautiful bride-to-be and Shan and Greg that they have a fabulous first shower today!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

So sweet, what an awesome time and so wonderful to have great people in your life to share it with :)

wolfiemitrestone said...

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Glad you had so much fun :)

On the marrow thing - I did the test at Alex's workplace. I am sure that there are other locations to do it. The website for them is www.marrow.org

Good for you on the blood donation! They won't take mine because I lived in England!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Leslie @ Lamberts Lately said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! And yes, a cruise for your honeymoon is WONDERFUL...I would highly recommend it! That's what we did!